A massage chair, a symbol of relaxation and all who own one can’t wait to get home to their ‘precious’. Studies indicate that as many as a fifth of Japanese households have a robotic massage chair and it is no wonder because these wonders of technology know how to soothe aching muscles.
But what are roots of the robotic massage chair? Who designed it? Let me start by mentioning that a massage chair, in the simplest terms, is a chair designed for massage sessions. There are two types of massage chairs; the old-school portable chairs and the state-of-the-art, sophisticated robotic massage chair.
Old school massage chairs have a simple design that offers easy access to the head, shoulders, limbs and back of the client on the end of a massage. They are light and inexpensive. They offer the advantage of on-site massage but you’ll still need a massage therapist to knead those stubborn, aching muscles for you and not everyone can afford regular massage sessions with a personal massage therapist.
So someone somewhere sat down and sought to change this. Eureka! Step forth the robotic massage chair. This peach of an invention was first seen around sixty years ago in Japan, as you would have thought. It was invented by the Fujiiryoki Company based in Osaka and it was not as fancy as the ones seen today. It was a wooden chair with rollers within its back rest that were manually controlled using lever systems to travel up and down. Fast-forward to today and you will be stunned by the level of technology applied to make a robotic massage chair reviews.
Basically, a robotic massage chair consists of in-built gears, rollers and electric motors that work in tandem. The rollers give the massage feeling as they move along one’s back or limbs and the motors give a tapping sensation as well as the feeling of vibration. A plethora of massage techniques can be performed by a massage chair including gripping, tapping, shiatsu and kneading.
Now we’ll look into a few reasons why you should consider having a robotic massage chair in your home:
- A massage chair is cheaper in the long run. I know what you’re thinking-‘No way’, right? But think of the number of times you have gone to the local spa and how much you have spent in totality. The best home massage chair is a one-time investment that is much cheaper than the cumulative fees you’ll spend at massage pallor.
- What a masseuse can do, the chair can do just as well. It can knead, grip and give you karate-style chops.
- Massage chairs are under your full control.There’s always a chance that a massage session will leave you unsatisfied, especially if the masseur or masseuse is not familiar to your specifications. However with a massage chair you decide how long the massage will be and how intense it will be.
- Massage chairs won’t bother you with a lot if chit-chat and banter after a bad day at work.
- It may feel strange and uncomfortable having a total stranger squeezing your muscles but you will have no suspicions when you’re being kneaded by your Massage chair.
So next time you see one of these chairs in a shopping mall near you, you’ll have plenty of reasons to take one of them home with you.